Jai Vakeel Foundation is a 71-year old NGO working with the intellectually disabled, providing a holistic approach to the management of individuals with Intellectual Disability. It caters to over 3,000 individuals annually, across age groups and varying levels of intellectual and other associated disabilities such as autism, epilepsy, cerebral palsy and visual or hearing impairment. The services provided are under four broad categories: health, education, skills and support.
The children of Jai Vakeel
Jai Vakeel Foundation
WHAT THEY DO
- Diagnosis – Comprehensive medical, psychological and socio-economic assessment, reaching 160 new cases and 700 existing students every year.
- Intensive Therapy – 10,000 sessions of therapy to improve speech, behavior and motor functions benefiting 700 students annually.
- Student Career Guidance – Based on aptitude and ability, at age 18, every student gets trained and placed. This includes identification of options/jobs, job-specific traning,
sensitization of prospective employees, and actual placements and follow-ups.
- Counseling and Guidance – 700 parents receive one-on-one or group counseling as needed. Workshops are also held to train and create awareness on various issues.
- HomeBound Program – Educating and training parents to be co-trainers at home.
The children of Jai Vakeel are taught how to make several things and will be selling them at our NGO Fair.
The Vocations taught are:
- Paper products like cards
- gift envelopes, bags etc
- Agarbatti Making
- Candle Making
- Jewellery and Flower Making
- Sewing and Embroidery
- Envelope Making
- File Making
ADDRESS AND CONTACT DETAILS
Address: 13, Dhibighat Parel Rd, Dock Labour Colony, Abhyudaya Nagar, Parel Dock Labour Colony, Abhyudaya Nagar, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400033
Contact Number:+(91)22 2470 1231
Click here to email the Jai Vakeel Research Centre
Return to the NGO Fair homepage -> Euphoria
Click here to go to the top